Legal Question in Disability Law in Georgia

I have been retired from the Army for 15 years, today I was contacted by an Army CID Agent in reference to a felony something that happened 25 years ago that I may have information about. They would not tell me anything about the investigation but wanted to know if I would meet them and discuss the matter with them at a local Sheriff's office in an interview room. I asked if I was the subject of the investigation and did I need an Attorney. The agent's response was he would have to read me my legal rights and if I wanted an attorney present that if was up to me. He did say I wasn't the subject of the investigation, but I may have information in the case. I don't believe I have done anything wrong and can't remember me doing anything that would warrant being arrested for. The agent did say I wouldn't be arrested. Should I obtain an Attorney or refuse to talk with the Agent? What are the time limitations on a felony?

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Since you posted under a category that has nothing to do with your post, criminal lawyers won't see your post. If you are being called to the Sheriff's office for an interview about a crime, that is a good sign you need a lawyer.

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Georgia

Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA