Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Georgia

Can we receive money from my mother to purchase a house after we recently filed bankruptcy without repercussion?

We (my husband and I) filed Chapter 7 almost 3 months ago. We appeared in court last month. We are trying to find a foreclosure or HUD home to buy. My mother has the money to purchase a home as an investor but can she just give the funds us so we can buy as owner / occupants instead of having to wait for the investors window. Waiting on the investors window is taking away our chance of getting a decent house. Our bankruptcy lawyer says this is okay to do but we would like to get a second opinion to confirm that this is legal and risk free.

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Read the response you received last time you posted. You paid your lawyer to answer these questions. It should be very obvious that going to an anonymous internet forum, where no one knows the first thing about your case (other than it was a Ch. 7), is not the way to get a second opinion (and a competent lawyer is not going to tell you it is "legal and risk free" without reviewing all facts).

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

You asked the same question again. The answer has not changed.

No one here has seen your numbers, or details, and a wild guess without seeing the file will likely be dead wrong. To get a second opinion, you need to see a lawyer, pay them, let them read the file, and then appropriately advise you.

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Georgia

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms