Georgia  |  Bankruptcy

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/09/12, 1:54 pm

Can we receive money from my mother to purchase a house after we recently filed bankruptcy without repercussion?

We (my husband and I) filed Chapter 7 almost 3 months ago. We appeared in court last month. We are trying to find a foreclosure or HUD home to buy. My mother has the money to purchase a home as an investor but can she just give the funds us so we can buy as owner / occupants instead of having to wait for the investors window. Waiting on the investors window is taking away our chance of getting a decent house. Our bankruptcy lawyer says this is okay to do but we would like to get a second opinion to confirm that this is legal and risk free.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search