Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Georgia

I want to sue my local police department. I have filed eight police reports against my ex because he has stalked, harassed and tormented me the last month. The detective handling the case has stated that she does not believe me and thinks that I am mentally unstable. My ex and his family have told her I am on drugs and bipolar and I am lying about all of it. He has broke into my home twice, busted my friends windshield out, slashed a guys tires I was dating, stolen a laptop and cell phone from my house while I was sleeping, cut my power, cut the cords on my washer and dryer and cut my cable. He also hacked my facebook account and put all kinds of crap on there including huge pictures that said things like whore, and slut etc... what can I do? I am so mad that I could spit fire!!!!!

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You need (and needed) to have a lawyer take the appropriate steps to get a protective order against your ex rather than waiting on the police to react. The police are not going to do that for you and presumably your primary concern is your safety. You can go to the Courthouse and apply yourself, but your own lawyer will also be a good go-between for you and the police, since for whatever reason they don't appear to believe you. Obviously, we only know what you posted and not the side of the police, ex or others.

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Georgia

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms