Legal Question in Consumer Law in Georgia

Mortgage Company Harassment

I get paid monthly on or before the 15th of each month - I pay my mortgage on the 15th WITHOUT fail - I get calls from the 1st of the month to the 15th - I have yold these idiots over and over - I even have documentation from them that they know this and yet they call up to 15 times a day - Can I sue them for harrassment? I have technically never been late and Citicorp is the only lender that does this with me - I have a few rental properties, and the mortgage companies that I deal with NEVER call me. Please tell me what I can do - I am stressed day in and day out by their harrassment - I even called their corporate office and they were sympathetic - they told me it won't happen again and it has. In this economy where there are so many hard times for people - they pick on the person who has been consistant every month - please help

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Re: Mortgage Company Harassment

You fail to state when your payment is really due, and we do not know what "technically never been late" means. Nevertheless, they are a creditor and generally have a right to call. If you do not make the payments by the due date (not the grace period - which is still late), doing so will likely stop the calls.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Georgia

Consumer Law Legal Forms