Georgia  |  Consumer Law

I have a title pawn contract that was for thirty days it began on 10/02/12. On that date I made my first interest payment and four days later i made a second payment this payment was also paid to interest.I made a payment on 11/01 and 11/30. There was only one contract written on 10/02/12 that stated the title pawn was for 30 days only. I was never given any other written agreement extending the contract another 30 days and the initial contract states that the pawn is for 30 days only and in bold print it states that verbal ageements to extend the 30 days are not binding. When the pawnbroker didn't extend the contract in writing does he have any legal right to my truck?

Answered on: 3/13/13, 6:44 am by Scott Riddle

You provide details that may or may not be important but you left out the most important detail - did you pay off the entire debt, in full, and on time? If so, you presumably got your title back.

Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC Suite 1530 Tower Place, 3340 Peachtree Road Atlanta, GA 30326