Georgia  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/27/13, 2:11 pm

I let a boyfriend of mine at the time use my car and the tag was taken down as a vehicle in an armed robbery. The police department called me and I gave all of his information to the detective ( the dectective also told me not to tell him what was going on). A week ago, I was at work and the police district of city I work in came to my job saying that my vehicle was stolen then they later changed and said my car was involved in an armed robbery. I told them I knew about it and they asked for my then boyfriend and I couldn't give them information about where he was because I honestly did not know. They took my car and impounded it as evidence. Now I called the detective and he told me that I had to turn him in to get my vehicle out or they are keeping my car. I did not know where he was and I was not even with him because we have broken up by then. Is this legal can they hold my car because they cannot find his whereabouts?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search