Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

i was charged with intent to purchase and using a cellphone to communicate a drug transfer however i never purchased anything the police caught the person i was supposedly pose to buy from and saw where we had text each other then they texted me from his phone as if they were him and i told them thinking it was him that i was walking then not more than a min later an unmarked truck pulled up on me and a police jumped out inquiring if i had a phone then another called my phone and decided it was me and placed me under arrest is this legal?

Robert Gardner Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP

They may have a circumstantial case against you if they can dot all of their i's, but sounds iffy to me. You need to hire an attorney to go over the evidence and give you informed advice about whether or not you can beat this charge and what it would take to do so.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia