Georgia  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/20/13, 10:19 am

I was charged with id theft and financial credit card fraud. To clarify, not charged yet. An investigation was done, and given to the DA office for special presentment. Atbthe time I was a police ofc, lost my job over the accusation, worked for the deot that investigated the allegation. Its been 1 year, nothing has been done. Its cost me my home a car and destroyed my marriage. I can't get a job because the former agency says I was fired for committing a felony, yet I've never been charged nor is it even a pending charge, its just a file sitting in the DA office with no actions. How is it this can be legal? I live in Georgia....

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search