Georgia  |  Criminal Law

possible illegal arrest / constitutional violation

While in Columbus GA visiting a friend we decided to go to a local nightclub. I was speaking to a female when a bouncer (security) grabbed me by the neck and arm and pushed me outside. He then shoved me to the ground and yelled, ''I was not permitted to remove my shirt in the club.'' At no time did I ever do such a thing! I heard one of his buddies say ''no the other guy.''

I was irate and began to yell. One of the security officers was apparently an off duty police officer and they physically tackled me and I was immediatly arrested for disorderly conduct. The arresting officer put me in the vehicle (with cuffs) and never questioned me. After talking to the ''off duty officer'' he said I was going to jail for Disorderly Conduct. We went to the hospital (head was bleeding) and I earned my 2nd count for cursing at him. Then went to the jail where I paid an over $600 fine. I question the validity of the arrest...he never read me my Miranda Rights! This seems to me a violation of 4th Amendment. The security at the club were violent and after they made the mistake they ''stuck together'' in the story -- good ol boy. The judge in the case seemed irrational and seemed not to want to hear my case.

I want this off my record