Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

I violated felony probation by being arrested for a misdemeanor. As a result I was mandated to complete 12 months at a residential drug treatment program. While I here I relapsed and the judge told the director to give me an additional 6-12 months. My question is, can a judge extend a sentence that is being served without notifying the defendant or even issuing a new revised court order?

Asked on 7/09/12, 12:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

When you check the case record you'll find something from the judge that authorizes the time. After you read that, post again.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/12, 3:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now