Legal Question in DUI Law in Georgia

If i am a 21 year old student and I harm somebody in a DUI Accident, can they sue my parents if the car title is in my name?

Asked on 2/09/14, 7:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Maybe and maybe not. If they knowingly allowed you to drive drunk, probably yes. In many other circumstances, no. But you have a problem yourself - you can spend up to a year in jail and a $1000 fine. And if you do not have enough insurance to pay damages, you may lose your license for life (until you pay the damages, which will be non-dischargeable in bankruptcy). It sounds like you need a lawyer ASAP.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/14, 7:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88433 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now