Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/14/13, 6:50 pm

What amendments are violated if a judge orders you to change your child's first name?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/17/13, 12:16 am by Rachel Hunter

None that I can think of. There might be a nebulous right to privacy under the 9th Amendment to the US Consitution and 14th as applied to the states or some kind of civil right. Under the GA constitiution, see Article I.

But much more information is needed than what you relate. If a judge is ordering this then there has to be a legal proceeding of some kind which means that if you do not have an attorney then you need to get one quickly.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney address not available

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search