Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

If someone is not on a child's birth certificate and you were never married, can they take you to court?

Asked on 7/24/13, 7:10 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I assume you would be taken to court for a determination of paternity or child support. Yes, you can be taken to court if the mother alleges that you are the father. You have the right to request a DNA test. I urge you to speak to a family law attorney who can better advise you of your rights.

Read more
7/24/13, 7:30 pm
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. Courts can determine paternity and set child support, custody and visitation. It sounds like you need a lawyer.

Read more
7/24/13, 7:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88283 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now