Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I live in Georgia. My father passed a week ago. He remarried and was married for 2 years. He had an life insurance policy through his job that my sister brother and I knew we were on. The wife removed us from the policy. He also had another policy that she put her son name on and thats not my dads child. Is me my sister and brother entitle to anything.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

I am sorry for your loss.

But before a lawyer can help you, you must tell the truth and your post clearly does not.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for the wife to remove you from his insurance. Only your dad could do that on a policy he owned. If he chose to change the beneficiary, you get zero.

Having said that, you may have other claims on the estate, depending on whether there was a will and other information you omitted, so discuss that with a lawyer.

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

You really need to speak with an attorney. Challenging an estate is complicated and should not be tried on your own. Are you saying the wife forged his name on the change of beneficiary designation form? If not, and your father was of sound mind, your father had the right to change the beneficiary designation and was the only person who could change his life insurance designation. There are other issues to determine as well, such as whether or not there was a Will executed after the marriage. Again, these are issues best discussed with an attorney.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia