Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/21/13, 9:26 am

My son married a girl from Brazil in 2009 in Georgia. At the time she was applying for her Green Card which she now has. They are now divorcing here in Georgia. She is claiming they also need to get a divorce in Brazil although they never married in Brazil. Does he need to do anything regarding this supposed "Brazilian marriage"? (She brought some paperwork home from Brazilian consulate and had him sign it. His signature was not notarized while he was present, if at all, and there was never any type of marriage ceremony in Brazil. Also, the paperwork was in Portuguese so he could not read it. She never game him a copy of the paperwork.)

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search