Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I live in ga and my ex husband and I have a custody agreement set up for our two year old daughter. When we came up with the agreement things were different. Right before we came up with our arrangement he was put on probation and he is also on the sex offenders list. Then we got the divorce and we came up with a plan and now he is living with his girlfriend and our daughter is staying with his mom. She has come home twice with bruises on her legs like someone has grabbed her leg with force. She is also sleepin in bed with his mom and when she comes home she wont sleep in her bed. Everytime she stays there she comes home and its almost impossible to get her to listen. I need to know whar to do. I dont feel comfortable with her being at his moms house. I want to go for full custody but not sure how.

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

Hire counsel as soon as possible. In addition, next time she comes home with bruises contact child protective services to report the bruises and your concern regarding abuse. I'm surprised the court allowed your husband unsupervised visitation with y our daugher considering he is on the sex offenders list.

In any event, custody agreements are never final. Therefore, the court will look at material changes and/or the age of the agreement.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

You need legal counsel immediately. In cases where you let things go on long enough, a court starts to think there isn't much to the allegations as you treated them as unimportant. There is certainly a chance for some modification, and a good attorney can help you with that. Monday, and not soon, but Monday, talk with a lawyer. Good luck.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia