Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/25/10, 12:15 pm

I am considering marrying a man with two children from previous relationships/marriages. We are in Georgia, and he pays child support. I have more assets than he does. Should I be concerned about protecting my future, and if so, where should I start? I have a lot of concern about an ex-wife attempting to garner more child support (already receives $700/mo for one child) once he's married, under the assumption he has more. This ex-spouse is also very lawsuit happy. I'm concerned that during a visitation weekend, if something were to happen to this particular child, she would attempt to sue us. I'm referring to normal things, like the child falls down the steps or is in a car accident. Since she's taken my fiance to court so many times over the past 9 years, am I right to be concerned for my own current and future well being?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search