Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

What are my rights? My husband wants to kick me out!

I am a married 42 year old mother of four children ranging in ages from 20 - 8. I have been married 22 years, we live in an apartment and have grown apart over the years, my husband is the only one working and he keeps threatening to put me out. I have no friends or relatives to turn to, no extra money saved, and no means of support at this time. I have been faithful in my marriage and have been a stay at home mother most of my marriage. There have been times I have worked, but I do not have a career. What are my legal rights? Can my husband kick me out of the house? My name is not on the apartment lease. What steps should I take in order that me and my children are not left destitute? Can you give me a list of organizations that I can look into? He says he wants a divorce, which I don't have a problem with that, but I refuse to be controlled in the mean time, what steps can I take?

Re: What are my rights? My husband wants to kick me out!

Your question is too complex to answer in a forum such as this one. However, feel free to contact my office for further consultation.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia