Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Georgia

What legal document would I need to have an employer sign if I present them with a product idea that they turn down so that I can move forward developing the idea into a product and be sure they have released all interest in the idea?

Asked on 5/24/13, 5:44 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There is no such document or form that we can refer you to on the internet. The document is one that is tailored to the specific facts and purpose, and it depends on such details as your terms of employment, etc. If you believe this is a valuable issue going forward, you need to start with a lawyer who handles such matters, as this is just the beginning.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/13, 5:47 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There is no such "form." It would require a custom drafted contract, for which you would need an IP lawyer, and you would need to do the contract BEFORE you ever show them the idea.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/13, 5:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Intellectual Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now