Georgia  |  Intellectual Property

What legal document would I need to have an employer sign if I present them with a product idea that they turn down so that I can move forward developing the idea into a product and be sure they have released all interest in the idea?

Answered on: 5/24/13, 5:47 am by Scott Riddle

There is no such document or form that we can refer you to on the internet. The document is one that is tailored to the specific facts and purpose, and it depends on such details as your terms of employment, etc. If you believe this is a valuable issue going forward, you need to start with a lawyer who handles such matters, as this is just the beginning.

Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC Suite 1530 Tower Place, 3340 Peachtree Road Atlanta, GA 30326

Answered on: 5/24/13, 5:48 am by Glen Ashman

There is no such "form." It would require a custom drafted contract, for which you would need an IP lawyer, and you would need to do the contract BEFORE you ever show them the idea.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344