Georgia  |  Employment Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/01/12, 6:27 pm

I had to take a personal leave of absence from work because of a death in the family While I was on leave I spoke with my direct manager and informed her that I would be able to return to work the following week. She told me that she was unsure of when she could schedule my first shift back at work because she had given my hours to other employees. She said she would have to look into the schedule and figure out when she could give me a shift and that she would contact me sometime during the following week and let me know what day I should return to work. However I didn't heard from her, so I called and left her messages at work. I even called her cell phone and left her text messages. The following day I recieved a message from my store manager stating that I was considered a no call no show and that I was considered resigned from the company. My separation notice says "Involuntary Absence" My question is What can I do about it? Can I file a complaint? Can I sue?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search