1. Move out of leased apartment due to hostile living situation with a roommate. No longer could tolerate her craziness.
2. I am still pay my rent to the landlord because I have a lease which is not up until August 1, 2012.
3. Utilities are separate and they were all in my roommates name.
4. After moving out, I paid my last month's utilities and told her since I was no longer residing in the apartment, I would no longer pay for utilities I was not consuming or benefitting from.
5. I receive a demand later, saying if I do not pay the future utilties every month, she will sue me in small claims court.
6. There was no written roommate agreement, no discussion as to what would happen if one of use moved out, and would implied consent be applicable to the situation.
7. Would a judge rule in her favor, should I just go ahead and pay the utilities