Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Georgia

I rent a room in a house anf my "lease" is one of those generic lease agreements that was pulled from rocketlawyer.com, my fiance and i are extremely unsatisfied with the living conditions in the house and want to leave but my lessor said that in accordance withe the lease I would owe three months of rent (which I can't afford to do). I paid NO security deposit and am caught up on current rent payments, because of the noise and disturbances in the house on a day to day basis, can I legally leave the residence for good and be covered under the covenant of quiet enjoyment as to not incur any negative legality?

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

No one here can tell you that. The lease matters, whether "generic" or not. We don't have it to review. Different people also have different views of what they consider loud noise, and we don't know what the "disturbances" are. A lot of that comes with apartment living and is part of the bargain. Your best option is to work something out with the landlord to leave. If you don't and just move, you risk credit report issues that will follow you to future apartments and cost you a lot of money in interest over the years - in addition to possibly being sued for the debt.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Georgia

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms