Georgia  |  Medical Malpractice

Home invasion, shot in the stomach. Taken to hospital and had surgery. Have a colostomy bag. Now the hospital will not take the colostomy bag out because i do not have insurance. Is this right? I didn't ask to be shot. They also left half the bullet in me.

Answered on: 9/19/13, 8:26 am by Robert Gardner

Facts in medical malpractice cases can be very specific in determining whether or not you have a claim. Go and sit down with a malpractice attorney to discuss obtaining your medical records. There may also be issues with the treatment in terms of whether or not stabilizing you was within the standard of care, and whether or not they actually had any obligation beyond that.

The answer to this questions is informational only, and it is not intended to be legal advise. Only an attorney who has met with you and gone over all of the specific facts of your case can give you legal advice upon which you should rely. Follow up questions are welcome via the email below, and our firm offers free consultations via phone or in person. We have convenient offices in Winder, Jefferson, and Gainesville Georgia, and you should feel free to contact our office at (770) 307-4899, via email at hmgrmg@yahoo.com, or through our website: hicksmasseyandgardner.com.

Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler Street Winder, GA 30680