Georgia  |  Personal Injury

Is a second event related to an initial accident?

I was in an bicycle v. motorcycle accident. The motorcycle failed to yield while attempting a left turn and I struck him resulting in a broken clavicle, concussion, and totaled bicycle. Liability has not been disputed and the motorcyclist's insurance co. is being cooperative.

8 weeks later while test riding a replacement bike in a bike shop parking lot at very low speed, the rear wheel slipped out from under me (oil or other slick on surface). Resulted in a broken thumb requiring surgery. I have ridden for over 20 years and raced in my youth and have never before crashed alone. Further, I never would have been shopping for a new bike had the initial accident not occurred (evidenced by the fact that the two bikes I owned at the time of the first accident were bought over 18 years ago).

Is it reasonable to say the second event is related to or provoked by the first and the motorcyclist therefore liable?

Thank you.