Georgia  |  Personal Injury

Problem with determining fault after truck accident

My mom was driving down I-85 when one of those big tractor trailer hit her, made her car spin and end up facing the wrong way. The truck drove off. After the cop came, the truck driver returned. Evidently it was a really stupid cop, because he didnít issue anyone a ticket. In the police report he did not even write down that the truck driver left the scene, and also, he wrote down a telephone number of a witness without any name. My mom didnít see any witness on the scene, so she has no idea who it can be. In the police report, the cop indicated that he tried to reach the witness but was not able to.

The truck driverís insurance company now claims that they cannot determine fault, because they have left messages for this alleged ďwitnessĒ and never heard back. They wonít give her anything. Her insurance only covered liability, so she probably wonít get anything out of them for her own car. The car is a total loss. Any ideas of what she should do now?