Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

I took out 2 EQUITY loans from the same bank to purchase 2 adjacent lots. The lender recently foreclosed on the lots. The 1st lot was foreclosed upon in September; The 2nd lot was foreclosed upon in October.

I subsequently received two notices of an upcoming confirmation hearing. Though I received a confirmation notice for each lot, the actual confirmation hearing for both lots is scheduled for the same date and time for each property.

In other words, there is really only one confirmation hearing scheduled for both properties.

Can both foreclosures can be confirmed at the single or same confirmation hearing?

Or must their be a separate hearing to confirm each foreclosure?

Given the lots were foreclosed upon at different times, I just assumed there would be SEPARATE/DIFFERENT confirmation hearings?!?!

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You assume more than one hearing cannot be scheduled at the same time and date. That assumption is incorrect.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Courts often combine related matters into one hearing for expediency. You are long overdue for a lawyer. A confirmation means a deficiency judgment, which will be followed by years of garnishments on your bank accounts and wages. You likely need to be thinking about bankruptcy, unless the lawyer finds a good defense.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia

Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA