Georgia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/25/13, 9:28 am

I owned a home in FLA and it foreclosed on 4-5 years ago, but unfortunately there was an additional loan on the home through my mortgage company that has been sitting on my credit. I'm currently in the process of doing a "short sale" payoff to take care of this second loan. Unfortunately my ex-fiancÚ is not willing to sign the payoff agreement. He feels he doesn't have to sign anything because he declared bankruptcy 4 years ago. I can't pay off this loan without his signature so my mortgage company told me I could do a quit claim deed since he refuses to sign. I don't know the next steps from here? Do I need to get a quit claim deed lawyer or can I do this process online at all? Thanks

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search