Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

How to get a Quiet Title Action

I have had my property surveyed and part of my land that I have used and paid taxes on for several years is not included in the survey plat. About 4 of 75 acreas show as unclaimed property. According to the county tax map I am paying taxes on this property but it is not in my name by title or survey. I can find no deed or title for this property in anyones name other than the fact that the county feels that it is mine by the property tax map. I have used most of this property for pasture and also have a security deed on a portion of this property. Property in question is not claimed by anyone else. I need to know the smartest way to go about claiming this property to have a deed on it. Is there a form to petition the courts with? The property in question is almost all road frontage and without claiming it, it practactly prevents the sell of my property.

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: How to get a Quiet Title Action

There is no form, but you can file a petition to quiet title in superior court. This is too complicated to explain in this type of forum; you should consult with a local attorney.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia