Georgia  |  Traffic Law

I was driving and a car merged in front of me and slammed on its brakes and I stopped. The car drove another 30-40 ft the slammed on it brakes again and stopped for 7-10 sec. I decided to pass them and the car sped up and swerved rubbing thier drivers side door with my passenger door. I was so freaked out and scsred for my life that I turned around and left. After an 1 1/2 I went to the police and fined a report. The other driver had already called it in and it was filed as a hit and run so my statement became a supplemental hit and run.

I met with the police and was tons that the other driver was able to buff out the marks before his wife got home and that they did not wish to call the insurance co or move forward with the case as they've had issues in the past and wanted to move forward with his life.

I have a letter stating the case is closed and no longer being prosecuted.

Can he go back on his word and try to reopen the case?

Also, I believe the officer had a typo as the date reflects the 8th and not the 9th. I've been told that this is considered a clerical error and is not important since I have in writing that case is closed and that I am over reacting to the date.

Please advise.