Legal Question in Traffic Law in Georgia

My friend was borrowing my car and got into an accident. She claims that a guy backed into her. The other driver claims that she backed into him. Because the stories were opposite, the police officer didn't write any tickets. The other driver's insurance company will not pay my deductible and my friend believes she is only responsible for half of the deductible. I'm thinking of sewing her in smalls claims court for the full deductible. Do you think I will win?

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

First of all, your friend is a complete jerk and should pay you (just because that's the moral thing).

Now the legal answer: Having said that, you'll have to prove your case in court and by your own admission, no one knows what happened. So you might win and you might lose. Regardless, dump a friend like that as she's not someone anyone would want in their life.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Georgia