Legal Question in Immigration Law in Hawaii

how can i immigrate from u.k. to florida

I desire to live and work in U.S.A. Florida is where I would like to live and work. I currently own a property in U.K. and have a disposable capital of 60,000. What would be the best way for me to immigrate to Florida. Also I have a friend who is a Amrican who owns property, and has several bussiness's who would like to sponsor me. Is this possible

Myron Morales Lee Lane Smith LLP

Re: how can i immigrate from u.k. to florida

You can either invest in a new business or your friend could sponsor you for an H-1B. If you own a company in the UK, then you should consider opening an office in Florida and transfer as an L-1.

info@myronmorales.com

Giuseppe (Joe) Scagliarini Law Offices of Giuseppe Scagliarini

There are several options available to you, both as an Investor or possibly as beneficiary of an immigrant petition for alien worker filed on your behalf. I usually recommend some additional consultation in these type of cases as it is not immediately apparent what the best course of action is. Pls let me know if I can be of assistance.

Richard Alvoid Richard Alvoid, PA

It just so happens I sort of focus my immigration practice on UK citizens investing in the US. In short, you must own at least 50% of the business and make a substantial investment. The visa will be good for 2 years extendable in perpetuity so long as you own/operate the businsss.

What is substantial? 60,000 pounds usually is enough depending on th ebueisnss. And you will nto need a sponsor in this case. Email mroe questions to visa@alvoid.com

Richard Alvoid

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Hawaii