Legal Question in Immigration Law in Hawaii

I have a small start-up online publishing company (gross income in 2010 was $15,000). Is it possible to hire an H1B worker on a part-time basis, if I'll be able to pay the prevailing wage? Or does the company have to be more profitable? I would like to hire a graphic designer to maintain my website.

Asked on 3/03/11, 4:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ajay Arora Ajay K. Arora, Attorney-at-Law, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


As long as the prospective employee holds a relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, and the position typically requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent to adequately perform the offered job, and if your company is capable of paying the salary, then a part-time job offer is fine and it is also OK if the company has modest gross income.

You can call our law firm during business hours at 212-268-3580, or email [email protected] for guidance.

Read more
Answered on 3/03/11, 6:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Hawaii

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now