Legal Question in Immigration Law in Hawaii

I have a small start-up online publishing company (gross income in 2010 was $15,000). Is it possible to hire an H1B worker on a part-time basis, if I'll be able to pay the prevailing wage? Or does the company have to be more profitable? I would like to hire a graphic designer to maintain my website.

Ajay Arora Ajay K. Arora, Attorney-at-Law, P.C.

Hi,

As long as the prospective employee holds a relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, and the position typically requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent to adequately perform the offered job, and if your company is capable of paying the salary, then a part-time job offer is fine and it is also OK if the company has modest gross income.

You can call our law firm during business hours at 212-268-3580, or email info@h1b1.com for guidance.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Hawaii