Legal Question in Business Law in Illinois

I bought a restaurant on contract for deed. Not making money and cant sell it. How do I give it back

Asked on 9/10/13, 7:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Have an attorney review the contract you signed. If you don't pay you will most likely be in breach of contract, which the sellers can forfeit against you AND if they resell it for less they MAY have the right to sue you for the difference.... You can't just "give it back" without potential consequences that should be covered in the contract's default/termination and related provisions.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 2:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now