Legal Question in Business Law in Illinois

I own a company and had a logo designed, do I need to include "llc" in the logo? For example, if I own A Big Cat llc and my logo is "ABC" with "A Big Cat" underneath, do I need to include the "llc" after "A Big Cat"?

David K. Staub Staub Anderson LLC

No, you do not need to include "LLC" in the logo but generally somewhere on you products and marketing material you should specify the complete legal name of your business, including the LLC.

By the way, if you intend that your logo be used to identify your goods and services as a trademark, you should put a "TM" on the logo to put people on notice of your claim. If you ultimately register the trademark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark office, you should modify the logo to replace the TM with the symbol (the letter "R" surrounded by a circle, for a registered trademark)

More Business Law questions and answers in Illinois

Business Law Legal Forms