Legal Question in Construction Law in Illinois

While having a contractor working in my home, they dropped part of a wall on my washer and dryer, damaging them. They contractor says that the work was done by a sub contractor and that he is responsible.

No one wants to pay for the damages, what should I do?

Asked on 8/26/12, 1:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your contractor should have given you an insurance certificate that should have covered all the work, including subcontractors. File a claim with the insurance company. If the claim is rejected you may have to file suit.

Read more
Answered on 8/26/12, 11:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Construction Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now