Legal Question in Construction Law in Illinois

Wthout telling us contractor hung 2 cabinets that were wrong (they were to have had glass fronts which means the interior should match the exterior) but did not want saleswoman to have top pay for her error.He than adjusted these cabinets by painting the inside and cutting out the front panel to install glass and insisting I should get glass shelves. We would not have known except that I kept asking for the original shelves. There is crown moulding above and tile below. He says he has ordered the correct cabinets but insists that he will make much better shelves and that adjusted cabinet will be much better. He says we can keep the new cabinets but should leave the ones that are already up. This remodel started in September. He has added numerous other charges without our signature. We wanted to keep the existing sink but it was broken during demolition and we were charged for a new one. Numerous things were added without our signature and now we have to go thru another mess and inconvenience. Do we have any recourse?

Asked on 12/18/12, 7:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Maybe but you may have waived some rights by not giving notices of default and by paying for the contractor's errors. Time to hire an attorney to review the situation and if it's not too late default this contractor.

Read more
Answered on 12/20/12, 6:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Construction Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now