Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Illinois

My Carsons credit card bank (Comenity bank)made my wife an arthorized user on my account without my arthorization. The bank wants me to pay for the charges made by my wife on this card. What should I do?

Asked on 5/13/13, 9:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Moens Moens Law Offices, Chartered
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I am sensing a theme developing:

I would suggest thinking through this carefully. If you plan to pursue this, you will essentially be throwing your wife under the bus. In order for you to argue that you are not responsible for the charges, you will need to claim that your wife committed a crime. This may subject her to criminal prosecution. And I can assure you, it will cost far more than $700 to defend her. So unless you plan to change the beginning of your question to, "My convicted criminal and soon to be ex-wife . . . ." the two of you will need to figure out how to pay this and have a discussion on how to prevent this from happening in the future.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/13, 5:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now