Illinois  |  Criminal Law

checks recieved in the mail

approximately 4 to 5 weeks ago i received a check in the mail. I thought it was a check from an internet business turns out the check was no good and when I emailed this company they said they never sent me a check.

Now I have a bank that I deposited the check in calling me saying that I committed a criminal act by submitting a counterfeit check, however, as I told the fraud rep, once I found out about the check being no good I called the bank and tried to cancel the deposit. The fraud rep said that unless the deposit was made in the bank that they could not cancel the check. Now she is telling me that I better find the emails I sent the alledged company asking about the check and I explained to her that I did not have the emails now she is coming accross as very threatening. I have never done anything illeagal and now I have managed to get caught up in some crap that I knew nothing about in the first place.

I need someone to tell me some what are my options. I do not know anybody associated with bad checks or anthing else to that nature but now I stand to loose my job, family, reputationa and possibly go to jail. again I have never done anything closely related to criminal.

Sign

Help!!!!