Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

My divorce trial is in 11 days. My husband has alleged abuse and is asking for sole custody of the kids. We have exchanged disclosure statements 13.3. My husband has tried to hit me in the face and bully my kids in the past. I gave him a request for admissions and he has answered. What is going to happen at trial? What is a good plan?What do I need to establish?

Zedrick Braden III Ainsworth & Associates PC

Hello. My response here is based upon the information that you have posted on this website.

I did not see where you mention being represented by an attorney. If you do not have an attorney, I strongly suggests that you go in on a motion prior to the trial date and ask the judge for a continuance so that you can hire an attorney. Attempting to represent yourself in a trial of this nature will be difficult.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois