Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

A friend of mine is having issues with her ex/father of her baby. When he found out she was seeing someone else, he had the baby in Detroit visiting his family. He told her he wasn't bringing the baby back and she would never see her again. She had to call the police and drive to Detroit to get the baby. He was not prosecuted. A couple months ago when she was dropping off the baby with him, he and his nephew beat her up pretty bad, and she took one swing in self defense. When the cops came, they arrested HER because it was in his house. She got a restraining order against him which he constantly violates by calling and texting her, but no matter how many times she reports it to the police, the most he gets is a slap on the wrist. He hit her car with his the other day, the police did nothing. Today, he falsely claimed that she broke the windows in his car and now she's being arrested with no evidence. Is there anything we can do? The police seem to be extremely unjust here.

Asked on 5/09/13, 9:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg SHIMBERG and CROHN, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

She should seeks an Order of Protection, but talk to her criminal defense lawyer first.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/13, 4:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now