Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/07/13, 12:30 pm

My ex husband and I have been divorced for a year now. My ex and I had reached an agreement that my son who is currently 19 year old son would live with him because the college is minutes from where he lives. We have been separated for two years and divorced for one. I'm being told now that my ex wants to file for child support against me because of the fact that my son lives with him and he is covering all of the educational expenses. Child support was never in the divorce decree and when we separted my child was 16 at the time.

My questions is this? Can an order of child support be filed for a child who is currently 19 years old. He states he wants to try to collect support because at the time when my son lived with him he was 16 years old and he'll be in college till at least he's 21 years old

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search