Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I need a low costh to free divorce lawyer. Husband wont sign papers. I was trying to do this on my own.

Asked on 5/01/13, 8:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Chen Kasher Chen Kasher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I'm sorry, but you'll have to be more specific. What were you trying to do on your own? Which papers are you referring to?

As a general matter, divorce does not have to be an expensive matter. Both parties can agree to an equitable division of their assets, and other issues like maintenance and custody can be decided in a cooperative manner. Divorce becomes expensive when parties disagree, and the lawyers have to start putting matters before the court.

Disclaimer: I am not your attorney and these are general thoughts that are not to be construed as legal advice that is applicable to your situation.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/13, 8:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now