Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

Signing away Parental rights

My children live with thier mother in Illinois and I live in North Dakota. How do I sign away my parental rights? I never get to see the children even though there is court ordered visitation mother refuses. I can't see them so why have rights to them. I'm fed up with arguing with thier mother & never seeing them!

Asked on 7/31/08, 5:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Zuganelis Zuganelis & Zuganelis, Attorneys at Law, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Signing away Parental rights

In Illinois, even if you sign away your rights, you still have to pay child support. Why don't you hire a lawyer in Illinois and file a rule to show cause why your ex should not be held in contempt. One of the sanctions for a contempt ruling is jail time. I don't know if a judge will go that far, though.

Read more
Answered on 8/01/08, 12:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now