Illinois  |  Legal Malpractice

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/05/12, 6:24 pm

My sister works at a law firm that has done work for my family. There has been a falling out with her and now she says I owe her money. I asked for all my paperwork and files back from her but she refuses to give them to me until I meet her demands for money. Her boss, a partner at this firm is backing her up on this. He said that I must deliver the money to him and then he would negotiate releasing my files. If I file a complaint with the ARDC what will happen to him? and what can he do to retaliate against me? Is it possible that he could be temorarily suspended from practicing during an investigation?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search