Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Illinois

I had surgery on my right foot last June. The joint below my big toe was removed and an artificial joint was inserted in its place. I have had no pain in the surgical area but have been faced with a huge amount of other problems.

I am a teacher and missed 11 days of school because of my foot. I had to use a slipper instead of a regular shoe because of pain in the foot. I big toe is now at least one inch shorter than it's original size before the surgery and as a result my second and third toes take the weight of my step and are constantly fracturing. The doctor offered to take bone out of both the second and third toe to balance the foot better but I would end up with a shorter foot compared to the other.

Each step I now take is in pain. Both the second and third toe are also numb from the constant fracture. Do I have a case of malpractice with this doctor?

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

You need to have your records reviewed by a specialist in order to make that determination.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Illinois