Legal Question in Personal Injury in Illinois

My 6yr old granddaughter recently tripped and fell over a clothes rack that was in the middle of a clothes isle and she hurt her right elbow at a local thrift store. they wrote incident reports and i took her to the emergency room. they exrays showed that there were no broken bones or fractures but her elbow was swollen and bruised badly (contusion). their insurance company said they will only pay her hospital bill (her mother has medicaid that will cover it) and will pay for the cost of the prescription of tylenol. is it resonable to ask for pain and suffering? if so, how do we have that legal right?

Asked on 2/16/13, 2:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Insurance companies are there to pay for things that need to be paid for -- medical bills, etc. If you want to sue for more, you will have to see a personal injury attorney who can evaluate the potential if you are serious.

Read more
Answered on 2/25/13, 8:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now