Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Illinois

Motion to Intervene

I have a judgement against a property that is going to foreclosure. The mortgage holder filed suit 1-13-06, I received the judgement 1-27-06. How do I file a Motion to Intervene? Am I the plaintiff or is the mortgage holder the plaintiff? Do I name the owner of the property as the defendant? Can I submit a Motion to Intervene myself or do I need legal assistance? Please advise.

Asked on 9/21/06, 12:15 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Dobra Charles Wm. Dobra, Ltd.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Motion to Intervene

I don't know how you could take a judgment against property. Without being verbose, you should speak with a lawyer about your rights. As you didn't say you were served a summons and complaint as a junior lien holder, I'm assuming that you failed in a procedcural step somewhere to assert your rights. Only a review of your documentation would reveal where the miscue took place. Good Luck!

Read more
Answered on 9/21/06, 2:17 pm
Jay Pollak The Pollak Law Firm, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Motion to Intervene

It would appear that the foreclosure trumps your judgement. However, a review of the facts and timing is necessary to reach a final conclusion. Consider that you may have to bid in at the foreclosure sale if you want to get paid. It will depend on the amount of the mortgage. You really need a lawyer!!

Read more
Answered on 9/21/06, 3:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now