Illinois  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/14/06, 11:03 pm

''partition lawsuit''

A person in Chicago died without a will leaving real property. There are 5 children. Three want to sell;two don't. The two who don't want to sell, have moved into one of the properties. Neither have jobs and can't take care of the property.

What are the steps to take to force the sale of the property and to have the proceeds equally divided among the heirs.

Thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search