Illinois  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/30/01, 11:16 pm

Private Road

I live on a private road, I own part of the road that passes in front of my house. The road continues about one half mile to one other farm house and dead ends. A corporation has tapped into a natural gas line beyond my house and has been running heavy equipment and automobile traffic on my road causing damage.

Can I put up a private road sign and keepout traffic that doesn't own part of the road?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search