Illinois  |  Tax Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/26/13, 7:48 am

I am in Illinois, 5 years ago my parents past away. at that time I took my third of an Anuity they had. and was sent a statement from John Hancock stating a cash bases of the entire annuity. This put my in a higher tax brackect and I over paid about $7,000 in taxes. I did not find out about this until rencently. I know that I can not refile tax becuase it has been over 3 years. John Hancock has admitted they where wrong and has since reissued the correct cash bases letter to me. Do I have any recourse with John Hancock?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search